I don’t consider myself very fashionable- I always look cute (confidence is key) but I would say that I have style rather than “fashion.” I love to express myself through the clothes and accessories that I wear- but, living in the heat of Florida summers makes me want to wear as little clothes as possible, which makes being stylish that much more work. So I am going to share some necessities that keep me feeling put together and both types of cool.
How to survive a hot summer with cute clothes.
Things you need:
1. Big T-shirts- What I mean by this is not necessarily a “t-shirt dress”. I mean like a regular t-shirt that maybe runs a little big, in a size that is 3x bigger than what you would normally need. This can be a plain white tee, a band tee, graphic tee, anything that you find fun or cute! This is my first necessity because it is SO easy and breezy.
You pair it with jean shorts, sweat shorts, a skirt even. You can let it hang, tuck it on one side, tie it, bra tuck it- whatever you want! I prefer wearing it loose or tucked into one of the hips of my shorts. It is cute with sandals, heals, or tennis shoes.
2. Crop Tanks & bralettes- With the coverage of your choice, cropped tanks and/or bralettes are the way to go in the summer heat! They are easy to throw on with any bottoms. I
personally love these for longe-around-the-house days and out-on-the-town days!
3. Claw Clip- Having hair is really hard sometimes. Mine puffs up the second I walk outside and if I’m out for more than a minute it’s literally sticking to me. Ew. I would not survive
without my hair clips, seriously. They create a different look than a regular pony would and there are different ways you can style them! They add a little something to every outfit and keep your beautiful strands from being a sweaty mess.
4. Flowy dresses- This is my go-to for summer date nights. They make me feel pretty and help me stay cool.
5. Bodysuit with accent (short) sleeves- I love throwing on a simple bodysuit for nights out.
But, I like to spice it up with an accent sleeve of some sort. Whether it’s a puff sleeve or a ruffle off-the-shoulder. Pair this with jeans (loose with lots of distress) if it’s nighttime and not as hot, skirts or shorts and you are good to go!
6. Shoes- My summer shoes are always my favorite comfy sandals. Usually tan soles with white buckle straps. Comfortable shoes are everything but they’re even more when they are cute and go with every outfit! I have also been loving a short heeled mule to dress up some of my summer outfits!
7. Accessories- My favorite summer accessories are anklets and colorful bracelets. I like more dainty jewelry in the summertime, like my small butterfly necklace and my baby hoop